The week two NFL injury report is now available. Many players listed as probable will play tomorrow. Certain players like Tre Mason, Todd Gurley, Chris Ivory, Alshon Jeffery and others will need to be monitored closely with a backup plan in place if they were to miss this week’s games. Just as important as figuring out replacement options in season long fantasy football leagues is knowing which backups could be great plays in DFS fantasy football. Let’s get to it:
P – Probable
Q – Questionable
O – Out
1. Tony Romo – Cowboys: (P) Back, practiced in full Thursday. No worries here, gets a great matchup with the Eagles.
2. Matt Stafford – Lions (P) Arm, Full participant throughout the week in practice. Does struggle on the road, but should be fine.
3. Derek Carr – Raiders (P) Thumb, practiced fully Wednesday and Thursday. Not a great play versus tough Ravens defense, but he’ll be out there.
4. Josh McCown – Browns (O) Out, concussion, Manziel to start in his place. Johnny Football, for better or worse, ensues.
1. Arian Foster – Texans (O) Out, groin. Alfred Blue will get another start but isn’t anything special.
2. LeSean McCoy – Bills (Q) Hamstring, limited in practice Friday. Expected to play but it’s a toss up as to how good he’ll be.
3. Justin Forsett – Ravens (P) Shoulder, full practice Thursday and Friday. Looks fine to play and has a great matchup vs. Raiders.
4. Andre Ellington – Cardinals (O) Knee. Chris Johnson starts and will share the load with David Johnson.
5. Jonathan Stewart – Panthers (P) Knee, full practice Thursday and Friday. Should be OK but has tough draw vs. Texans defense.
6. C.J. Spiller – Saints (Q) Knee, likely to play in some capacity. Looks good to go and carries PPR upside but could be limited.
7. Todd Gurley – Rams (Q) Knee, coming back from ACL surgery. Could play but is a shaky bet with limited activity expected.
8. Chris Ivory – Jets (Q) Groin, limited in practice Friday. Very shaky play in final game of the week but stellar option if a go.
9. Tre Mason – Rams (Q) Hamstring, likely to play in some capacity. Looks ready but could share the rock quite a bit and faces stingy run D.
10. Reggie Bush – 49ers (O) Calf, not with team in Pittsburgh. It’s the Carlos Hyde show again in week two.
1. Julio Jones – Falcons (P) Hamstring, head coach Dan Quinn said Jones will play. Keep your elite beast in.
2. Dez Bryant – Cowboys (O) Out. Terrance Williams starts and he, Cole Beasley and Jason Witten all get nice bumps.
3. Alshon Jeffery – Bears (Q) Hamstring, day to day. Monitor closely. Could sit or be limited. Eddie Royal and Martellus Bennett could be fun DFS tries.
4. Randall Cobb – Packers (P) Shoulder, limited in practice. Is expected to suit up but could draw Richard Sherman.
5. Mike Evans – Buccaneers (Q) Hamstring, game time decision. Shaping up as a play but could be a dangerous buy in daily leagues.
6. T.Y Hilton – Colts (Q) Knee, returned to practice Saturday. Watch closely, but matchup with Revis Island not overly enticing.
7. Golden Tate – Lions (P) Quad, limited practice Thursday and Friday but likely to play.
8. DeSean Jackson – Redskins (O) Hamstring, out. Pierre Garcon starts and he and Andre Roberts should get a good amount of work.
9. Victor Cruz – Giants (O) Calf, has been ruled out. ODB should be elite this week while Reuben Randle could be a good try in DFS leagues.
10. Michael Floyd – Cardinals (P) Fingers, will play. Hit or miss option vs. bad Bears defense.
11. Breshad Perriman – Ravens (O) Knee, has been ruled out. Steve Smith will hog all the targets in week 2 against Oakland.
12. Percy Harvin – Bills (P) Hip, practiced in full Friday. Should be fine against beatable Pats secondary.
13. Dwayne Bowe – Browns (Q) Hamstring. Looking like he’ll play but role is unclear.
14. Marqise Lee – Jaguars (P) Hamstring, set to play this week. Slot guy at best so tough to trust.
15. Nate Washington – Texans (P) Abdomen, practiced in full Friday. Did well in week one and could be active again with Mallett under center.
16. Rashad Greene – Jaguars (P) Back, full practice on Friday. Targeted a ton in week one so interesting DFS try if he’s in.
17. Devin Hester – Falcons (O) Turf toe, has been ruled out. Little changes in ATL.
1. Julius Thomas – Jaguars (O) Finger, officially ruled out. Jags tight ends can be ignored mostly regardless.
2. Jordan Reed – Redskins (Q) Quad, Reed says he will suit up. Rams stifle TEs but he still has solid upside if he plays.
3. Delanie Walker – Titans (Q) Wrist, practiced in full Friday. Appears “iffy” but matchup is there if active.
4. Jermaine Gresham – Cardinals (P) Hamstring. Cardinals TEs never do anything so who cares.
5. Daniel Fells – Giants (O) Foot, has been ruled out. Could be all about Larry Donnell this week.
I will be on Twitter @Bradley_DFS providing updates through lock time on Sunday.