The 2014 NFL Draft running back pool just got a lot deeper. Arizona running back Ka’Reem Carey will declare for the draft after an extremely productive college career in which he ran for over 3,814 yards and 42 touchdowns. With elite speed and athleticism, Carey will be highly touted going into the draft and could be a high second round pick.
Elsewhere, the past buzz about the Cleveland Browns being enamored with Texas A&M product Johnny Manziel just isn’t going away. Whether or not that ends up merely being a smokescreen is to be decided at a later date, but for now all signs are pointing to the Browns being big fans of Manziel. With the number four overall pick in this year’s draft, there’s a good chance if Cleveland wants him, they’ll get him. And if they’re lying and someone after them wants him, they’ll have to pay a pretty steep price for the rights to select him.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg for the latest NFL Draft news and buzz. Read on for what else is happening concerning May’s draft:
Texans owner Bob McNair created some buzz and a potentially meaningless smokescreen while talking up Southern Carolina stud defensive end, JaDeveon Clowney.
- Arizona State junior OLB Carl Bradford will enter the draft, despite recent reports that he’d return to school for 2014.
- NFL.com’s Gil Brandt has Auburn running back Tre Mason as his top back for the draft.
- Alabama QB A.J. McCarron will not attend the Senior Bowl.
- Stanford G David Yankey will enter the draft.
- LSU running back Alfred Blue passed on a chance to return for a fifth season at the college level, and will enter this year’s draft pool.
- LSU junior LT La’El Collins will stay in school for one more season, bypassing the draft.